The Paula Deen Buffet has been dropped by Caesars Entertainment Corporation according to WAVE 3.
Caesars, which operates the buffet (you think Deen was back there working the fryer?) issued this statement:
"In light of today's announcement regarding Caesar Entertainment Corporation and Paula Deen Enterprises mutual decision to not renew the two companies business relationship, Horseshoe Southern Indiana will announce plans for a new buffet in the near future."Rumor has it Guy Fieri might be available...(and he likes to visit Louisville for Derby).
Last week, of course, a deposition leaked in which Deen admitted to casually dropping n-bombs and other racist behavior.
Let's review the timeline—from everything's fine to closed:
·June 20—"Locally, Paula has had thousands of personal interactions with our diverse community of team members and guests and has always been kind and gracious to all," Lizzet Verdi, marketing and communications supervisor for the casino, told The Courier-Journal
·June 24—"We will continue to monitor the situation,"a Horseshoe spokesperson told WHAS 11
The casino opened the buffet, with Deen in attendance, in September 2010.
·Reverse Dieting at the Deen [Louisville Magazine]
[Photo: Courtesy Harrahs]