- The paint was dry on the inside at KFC eleven (although we're still gonna check the seat of our pants when we get home).
- Get a sports fact or 11 while throwing away your trash.
- KFC eleven's commitment to avocados extends to the ceiling.
- Bawk. All art was supplied locally, including from the Zephyr Gallery and Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft.
- Some people like to eat at tables.
- While KFC eleven's logo is Col. Sanders-free, he hasn't been totally ignored.
- Chicken on the grill.
- Seven sauces await your meal.
- Digital soda ordering—flavor shots! A debut in the Highlands?
- This structure helps divide the restaurant into different eating zones. You're excused if you feel like a chicken in a cage though.
- A plaque with local supplies is next to the side entrance.
- A member of the media considers his order. To quote the great media ombudsman, Eric Cartman, "More people will come if they think we'll have punch and pie!"
- The preparation of a Southwestern Baja Flatbread.
After releasing its menu earlier this week, this afternoon KFC eleven opened its doors for a tour and tasting. KFC's fast-casual test concept—think flatbreads, salads and rice bowls (oh my!)—located at 1004 Bardstown Road, is set to open Aug. 5. Here's a sneak peek.
·KFC eleven Hatches Logo [~ELOU~]
·New KFC Concept Being Tested on Bardstown Road will go to 11 [~ELOU~]
[Photos: Zach Everson]
- Col. Sanders in book form and three non-edible chickens reside next to the register.
- Square! It's not just for food trucks and coffee shops (although it wasn't in use today).
- Food porn is banned on Eater, but if you sneak a shot into the middle of a slideshow, maybe your boss won't notice.
- The restrooms are handicapped accessible.
- Remember that photo of Col. Sanders mentioned earlier? It's outside the restroom, where the Colonel apparently will wait throughout eternity for a pee that'll never arrive.
- No need to knock to see if the restrooms are occupied.
- A one-person-at-a-time restaurant restroom indicates faith in the quality of your cuisine.
- Cookie tray (seriously, there's no way to segue out of bathroom photos).
- A media food-porn feeding frenzy.
- One of five sculptures protruding out of the wall above the entrance by Joel Pinkerton. They are constructed from objects he found around the neighborhood,
- KFC eleven will have drive-thru, not always a given at a fast casual restaurant.
- This large bench resides outside the main entrance.
- The back patio seating overlooks Baxter Avenue.
- Like what you see at KFC eleven? Great. Just don't try to steal it.