Eater Young Guns 2014 semifinalist Doug Petry of Rye has a recipe featured in spirits writer extraordinaire Robert Simonson's new book The Old Fashioned: The Story of the World's First Classic Cocktail With Recipes and Lore. Described as "a complete history of one of the world's most iconic cocktails," Simonson's book offers 50 recipes "for classic variations as well as contemporary updates" of the legendary Louisville-born drink now called "the poster child of the modern cocktail revival." Petry's contribution uses absinthe and elderflower liqueur along with Peychaud's bitters for a drink Simonson recommends "be your final drink of the night. You won't need another." Petry politely provided Eater with a picture of his recipe from Simonson's book, which you can see after the jump.
· Meet the EYG Semi-Finalists: Karr, Mispagel, Petry, Lasater, Brewer [~EN~]
· Rye on Market [Official Site]
· All Eater Doug Petry Coverage [~ELOU~]
· All Eater New York's Robert Simonson Coverage [~ENY~]
· All Eater Young Guns Coverage [~ELOU~]
[Photo: Doug Petry]