Welcome to the Louisville Eater 18, our best answers to the question "Can you recommend a Louisville restaurant?" This group covers the entire metro area, spans myriad cuisines and should satisfy just about any restaurant need. Every few months, we may shift things around a bit, in our bid to find restaurants stepping toward iconic status.
These are the places that provide a sense of the Louisville restaurant culture. They may not be the newest nor the hottest spots (that's what the Eater Louisville Heatmap is for). Eater 18 restaurants must be over two years old, and bring a unique sensibility to the local scene. Any disagreements or additions? Feel free to leave them in the comments.
Eater Louisville 18 history
· Jan. 8, 2013: Initial Eater Louisville 18
· April 9, 2013: Added Corbett's: An American Place and Holy Grale, removed Dragon King's Daughter and El Mundo
· July 9, 2013: No changes
· Oct. 8, 2013: Added Garage Bar, The Oakroom; removed Decca and Rye on Market
· January 7, 2014: Added Decca, Lilly's, Rye on Market, The Silver Dollar, Blue Dog Bakery & Café; removed Holy Grale, Bistro Le Relais, Garage Bar, The Blind Pig, Wagner's Pharmacy
· April 11, 2014: Added Guaca Mole; removed Corbett's: An American Place
· July 1, 2014: No changes